Vanilla Bean Granola
Homemade granola with real vanilla beans for a quick and go-to pantry treat
Granola is one of those things that is so simple to make yourself, but often times we find ourselves buying an overpriced bag at the store. I challenge you to put down the bag and make your very own batch at home.
All you need is some oats, your favorite toppings, and an oven. These are great gift ideas, but I suggest you make extra so you can enjoy some yourself. Vanilla is a must have, along with your choice of nuts and dried fruit.
Enjoy granola as cereal, mixed into yogurt, or as an ice cream topping. You’ll be surprised how simple this recipe is and wonder why it’s taken you so long to make it at home. Oh, and did I mention how wonderful the kitchen will smell while the granola is baking.
Honey and Vanilla Homemade Granola
Yield: 1 cup of granola
Ingredients1 cup old fashion rolled oats
2 tablespoons of honey
1 tablespoon of coconut oil (melted)
handful of dried fruit (this recipe used cranberries and blueberries)
a couple of walnuts, coarsely chopped (any nuts will work though)
1 vanilla bean, insides scraped out (we recommend a Tahitian variety of vanilla)
¼ tsp of ground cinnamon
1 tsp flax seed (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a medium bowl, mix the honey, coconut oil, scraped vanilla bean, and cinnamon together.
- Add oats and walnuts to the bowl. Stir well until everything is coated with the honey mixture.
- Spread mixture evenly into ovenproof dish.
- Bake until lightly browned, around 10-15 minutes. Stir every 5 minutes to cook evenly.
- Remove from oven, let cool completely.
- Stir in dried fruit and flax seeds.
- Store in an airtight container either in room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.