Gourmet Ugandan Vanilla Beans, Planifolia
In Stock Free Shipping Free Shipping to all USA orders.
A vanilla bean from the pearl of Africa rich, dark and creamy
Some of the World's Best Bourbon Vanilla: Ugandan Vanilla Beans
Bourbon vanilla beans from Uganda are some of the finest of Vanilla Planifolia. Chef's and vanilla purists have begun to recognize the superior quality of these Grade A Vanilla Beans. They are earthy, bold, extremely flavorful and have an aroma reminiscent of figs, milk chocolate, and raisins with warm rich, buttery undertones. Ugandan vanilla beans produce a higher-than-average vanillin content, making them perfect for rich desserts, chocolate truffles, or vanilla extract. We are obsessed with these vanilla beans not only because of the vastness of their flavor but also because of our passion for supporting the community and family in Uganda that grow, cure and process these magnificent, gourmet vanilla beans.
*Need help understanding the difference in grades of vanilla beans? Check this out.
What makes Ugandan Vanilla Beans stand out?
- Each vanilla bean from Uganda is approximately 15+ cm in length.
- Ugandan vanilla lends itself well to extracts, sugars, gelatos, and pastries.
- The average number of Grade A vanilla beans per pound is between 130 and 160.
- Vanilla in Uganda is produced twice a year, so our product always incredibly fresh.
- Our vanilla beans are always all natural, gluten-free, kosher certified, and non-GMO.
- Add another level of depth to your recipes when you use both Ugandan vanilla Beans and Sri Lankan Cloves in the same recipe.
*always store vanilla beans in an airtight container in a cool and dark place
My overall experience was easy and fast. The products are excellent!
Using these beans (Uganda) was very good for making vanilla. I cut them in half but didn’t slice long ways as the seeds start pouring out. I’ve had them in some vodka (in a glass jar) for about a month, and it’s turning light brown and has that sweet vanilla aroma like it will make yummy cookies etc. I got the Uganda beans because they are supposed to have that sweeter more old fashioned taste like you’d have in your fruitcakes etc.
I have loved the beans I purchased. I love the ease of use for your site and the variety of items available. I will definitely shop with you again!
plump fragrant and air tight packaged
I love it and everything about it,quality, price and how fast I received it.