Gourmet Ugandan Vanilla Beans, Planifolia
In Stock Free Shipping Free Shipping to all USA orders.
A vanilla bean from the pearl of Africa rich, dark and creamy
Some of the World's Best Bourbon Vanilla: Ugandan Vanilla Beans
Bourbon vanilla beans from Uganda are some of the finest of Vanilla Planifolia. Chef's and vanilla purists have begun to recognize the superior quality of these Grade A Vanilla Beans. They are earthy, bold, extremely flavorful and have an aroma reminiscent of figs, milk chocolate, and raisins with warm rich, buttery undertones. Ugandan vanilla beans produce a higher-than-average vanillin content, making them perfect for rich desserts, chocolate truffles, or vanilla extract. We are obsessed with these vanilla beans not only because of the vastness of their flavor but also because of our passion for supporting the community and family in Uganda that grow, cure and process these magnificent, gourmet vanilla beans.
*Need help understanding the difference in grades of vanilla beans? Check this out.
What makes Ugandan Vanilla Beans stand out?
- Each vanilla bean from Uganda is approximately 15+ cm in length.
- Ugandan vanilla lends itself well to extracts, sugars, gelatos, and pastries.
- The average number of Grade A vanilla beans per pound is between 130 and 160.
- Vanilla in Uganda is produced twice a year, so our product always incredibly fresh.
- Our vanilla beans are always all natural, gluten-free, kosher certified, and non-GMO.
- Add another level of depth to your recipes when you use both Ugandan vanilla Beans and Sri Lankan Cloves in the same recipe.
*always store vanilla beans in an airtight container in a cool and dark place
I have already started the process of making vanilla extract, the appearance and aroma of the vanilla beans was great, lots of beans and plump pods.
SloFood always provides great quality spices at super affordable prices. Beats store shopping every time.
They came vacuum sealed and smelled wonderful when I opened the package! Started on my own vanilla extract the day I got them!
It’s been hard to find vanilla beans locally and when I did, the price was pretty high and the quality wasn’t great. I bought these because the price was good but was even more impressed when they came because of the quality.
I purchased the vanilla beans and was very happy with them. Very soft and fragrant. I am making vanilla extract so haven’t been steeped long enough yet. I am looking forward to using g the vanilla extract if it’s as good as these beans smell