Saigon Cinnamon Sticks, Vietnam
Whole Saigon Cinnamon Quills
Sharp, spicy, and much warmer than all origins of cinnamon, Vietnamese cinnamon is the perfect product for those who like their cinnamon to bring the heat. The spicy notes of these cinnamon quills come from cinnamaldehyde, an essential oil present in all cinnamon varieties. The highest concentrations of cinnamaldehyde are found in Vietnamese grown cinnamon.
Where do cinnamon sticks come from?
Cinnamon quills of all varieties come from the bark of several types of evergreen trees: c. loureiric ( more closely related to cassia than Ceylon), c.cassia, and c. verum (Ceylon). These trees are native to regions of the world such as Vietnam, China, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Madagascar, and even Mexico. To form the quills of the woodier varieties of cinnamon, the first layer of the inner bark is peeled from the evergreen shoots and dried in the sun over many days. The sun drying is what results in the natural curling of the quills. Quills are then cut to a specific length to meet market demands.
How to use cinnamon sticks from Vietnam
When using a whole cinnamon stick, drop the quill in your liquid of choice to add a wonderful cinnamon aroma and flavor to any dish or beverage. If you need to grind your cinnamon, we recommend breaking it into smaller pieces (just know this cinnamon is tougher and woodier than other varieties) and using a spice grinder. Pulse until you get just the right consistency you are looking for. If you are looking for pre-ground Saigon cinnamon, hop on over to our Saigon cinnamon powder page where you will find premium quality cinnamon powder from Vietnam available for purchase in a multitude of sizes.
Why buy Saigon cinnamon sticks online from Slofoogroup?
- When you purchase Saigon cinnamon from Slofoodgroup, you can rest assured you will receive the highest-quality product that is gluten free, non-gmo, farmed using organic principles, vegan, and certified kosher.
- We offer Saigon Cinnamon for purchase online in bulk or small quantities.
- This variety of cassia cinnamon is sustainably harvested from Cinnamomum trees in Vietnam.
- Saigon cinnamon adds a spicier kick than most other cinnamon varieties.
- These cinnamon sticks are between 6cm and 20cm and are commonly referred to as cigarette cinnamon or finger cinnamon.
*This cinnamon is not to be confused with Ceylon cinnamon and is not advised for users who do not like their cinnamon spicy or are trying to cut down or reduce their coumarin intake.