Gourmet Indonesian Vanilla Beans, Planifolia
Bourbon Style Vanilla Beans from Indonesia
Gourmet Vanilla Planifolia Pods are sweet, oily, and incredibly pungent. Indonesian Vanilla Beans are known for their unique smokiness and woody flavor. Indonesia is highly regarded for the high quality of vanilla produced there and is the second largest vanilla bean producer in the world, next to Madagascar. The unique flavor and aroma profile of this particular style of vanilla planifolia pods is derived from the curing process utilized in Indonesia. The amount of sun the vanilla receives in drying results in a bean that is slightly less pliable than the Madagascar counterpart but holds up remarkably well in heated applications, extract, ice creams, and other sweet treats. The smoky flavor pairs beautifully with chocolate and barbecue sauces (try this one) and it is perfect for richer desserts or recipes that call for caramel or star anise, giving the exotic flavor of these vanilla beans a chance to really shine!
Grade A Indonesian Vanilla Beans Have The Following Qualities:
- These are gourmet Vanilla Planifolia that are at least 15 cm in length.
- They are grade A vanilla pods—beautiful beans with no splits and tears.
- Available only while supplies last because they are produced on a small family plantation in Indonesia and can't be replicated!
- These are Bourbon Vanilla Beans with 27-30 percent moisture content.
- Indonesian Vanilla of this variety is known for being sweet and smoky.
- This vanilla bean is suitable for any application that calls for vanilla Planifolia.
- The flavor from these beans holds up well in heated applications.
- SloFoodGroup vanilla beans are always all-natural, gluten-free, certified kosher, and non-GMO.
- A pound of this variety of vanilla bean typically contains 120-150 vanilla beans—determined by moisture level and bean size.
*always store vanilla beans in an airtight container in a cool and dark place
*See our full range of Gourmet Vanilla Beans!
Performed great. Delivery was super quick which is always enjoyable.
The vanilla beans were beautiful and oily and fabulous. Very happy!
Prompt service but expensive.
I’m combining them for a homemade vanilla extract. It’ll be great!
Making a full quart of vanilla using vodka and split vanilla beans of two types. Not cheap, just the best! [Amazon Review]