Gourmet Madagascar Vanilla Beans, Planifolia
In Stock Free Shipping: Free Shipping to all USA orders.
Grade A vanilla from Madagascar, simply the best vanilla online
Grade A Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Beans—the gold standard of vanilla
Grade A vanilla beans from Madagascar are commonly referred to as Bourbon vanilla beans. A common misconception is that dishes containing "bourbon vanilla", call for both bourbon and vanilla. While this might occasionally be the case, they are usually refer to the Gourmet Madagascar Vanilla Bean which is synonymous for the Bourbon Vanilla Bean, named after the islands it originally came from, The Bourbon Islands (now known as the Reunion). Bourbon Vanilla Bean commonly references the specific variety of vanilla produced from the vanilla planifolia species of vanilla orchid.
Madagascar vanilla is the most widely used and recognized vanilla bean. It's the traditional vanilla in ice creams, extracts, cakes, candies, and other vanilla desserts and baked goods. Here at SloFoodGroup, we especially like our Madagascar vanilla beans for flans, gelato, icings, and just about anything that calls for a high-quality vanilla flavor.
The flavor of grade A vanilla planifolia is rich, deep, and creamy with undertones that are sweet and buttery and sure to please the palate. Vanilla beans from Madagascar are well-suited for everyday baking recipes, drinks, and desserts. Here's a great recipe for vanilla simple syrup that can be used in all of the above!
When you buy Madagascar vanilla beans online from SloFoodGroup, know your are receiving some of the best vanilla beans in the world. See for yourself what everyone is talking about and discover just how beautiful vanilla can be.
Why buy Gourmet Vanilla Planifolia from Madagascar?
- The average length of these Bourbon vanilla beans is 14-15 cm. Looking for a larger vanilla bean? Check out our Extra Long, Grade A Vanilla Planifolia.
- These vanilla beans are cured at optimal maturity, which enhances both the strength of the vanilla aroma and flavor.
- Bourbon vanilla is deal for custards, cream bases, vanilla extract and so much more
- The moisture content of these beans is 30-35%
- Average vanilla beans per pound is about 110-150.
- Our beans are always all-natural, gluten-free, and non-GMO.
- These vanilla beans were awarded kosher certification by EarthKosher.
Tip for using spent vanilla pod:
A great use for leftover vanilla bean pods is to turn them into vanilla sugar. This can be done in two ways:
- Cut the vanilla bean pods into one-inch pieces (about 2-3 pods to 2 cups of granulated sugar). Seal in an airtight jar and allow to sit 1-2 weeks. Use normally as you would plain, granulated sugar.
- The second method is to dry the vanilla bean pods using a food dehydrator or by setting your oven on low and allowing the vanilla bean pods to dry out. Once dry, break the beans and place in a coffee mill or spice grinder (if you've used the coffee mill to grind coffee, make sure you clean it well before grinding the vanilla). Grind until desired consistency. This adds a nice visual touch to your vanilla sugar to go with the sweet delicate flavor.
*always store vanilla beans in an airtight container in a cool and dark place
Wonderful-- i'm making some homebrew vanilla extract :)
These beans were overall fresher/softer than ones I previously tried and purchased from ******. Please give these grade b beans a try for your vanilla extract. When I need grade A beans I will come here first.
My first couple buys of this was excellent – large plump beans. This time they were much thinner and not as much caviar. Weight was surplus to 4 oz, which deserve an extra star.
First time ordering. Very good. Beans are being processed. Only wished the process would be shorter. Thanks
The vanilla beans were outstanding! Great size. Nice and moist. Using them to make vanilla extract.