Traditional Mexican Horchata Recipe
Fresh ground cinnamon, vanilla, creamy rice milk Horchata
Loved the world over by locals, tourists and foodies alike Horchata is about as refreshing as it as it gets when it comes to homemade drinks. Enjoyed possibly as much as tequila or margaritas ( sorry happy hour lovers) this authentic Mexican drink may just replace your holiday eggnog with cinnamon, vanilla and familiar holiday like flavors this recipe can easily be enjoyed year around or simply for special occasions like Cinco de Mayo. Recipe is below, we hope you enjoy.
Directions for making horchata at home:
1. In a blender add rice, water and cinnamon sticks. Allow them to soak for 3-5 hours.
2. Roughly grind the rice mixture and add the remaining cup of water. Puree the mixture until smooth for another 2 minutes.
3. Pour the rice mixture over sieve into a bowl and discard the lumps.
4. Add the milk, sugar, vanilla extract and ground cinnamon into the rice water. Mix it well and refrigerate for an hour at minimum or more.
5. Before serving, stir well and pour over the glass filled with ice cubes.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.