Warm Pumpkin Salad
Roasted Pumpkin and Brussels Sprout Salad
Thanksgiving dinner isn't really Thanksgiving dinner without some sort of pumpkin dish so why not make a warm salad out of it? This extraordinary side dish is so easy to make, simply roast cubes of pumpkin tossed in olive oil, salt, pepper and ground cinnamon. Bake together with halved Brussels sprouts until tender and caramelized. Slice a red onion and set aside. Once the veggies are cooked, mix together with the raw onion and coat everything in a simple Dijon vinaigrette. Sprinkle some flaked almonds on top and serve right away.
This recipe couldn't be any easier and it requires minimum effort for maximum impact. Although simple in seasoning, it is bursting with flavor. The cinnamon enriches the sweet and earthy taste of the pumpkin while the Brussels sprouts caramelize & crisp on their own, adding another layer of flavor. The Dijon mustard balances the sweetness in the salad, making it a perfect addition to the Turkey and Aligot. Serve next to crispy green beans and enjoy the time spent with the dear ones!
A Holiday Side Dish to Astound Your Guests: Warm Brussels Sprout and Pumpkin Salad
Prep Time: 15‘
Cooking Time: 30’
Additional Time: 0’
For the pumpkin:
- 4 cups Hokkaido pumpkin, cut into equal size cubes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of ground cinnamon
For the Brussels sprouts:
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- pinch of black pepper
For the salad:
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- handful of flaked almonds
For the Dijon Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F, fan on.
- Coat the pumpkin cubes in olive oil, salt, pepper, and ground cinnamon and add to a baking tray.
- Coat the halved Brussels sprouts in olive oil and season with salt and pepper; add the Brussels sprouts next to the pumpkin cubes to the tray.
- Cook at 350°F/180°C for 30 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- In the meanwhile, thinly slice the red onion and set it aside.
- To a bowl, add the ingredients for the vinaigrette and mix until a sauce is formed.
- Once the veggies are cooked, bring them to a bowl together with the red onion and coat everything in the vinaigrette. Sprinkle flaked almonds on top and set aside.