Warm Fajita Steak Salad
Low-Carb Fajitas — all your favorite fajita fillings without the carb-heavy tortilla!
Whether you are dealing with extreme cold or ready to pop on your shades and hit the beach at a moments notice, a warm steak salad provides a quick, healthy, and satisfying meal. We don't think salad should be reserved for summer—this one will soon become a year-round favorite! It's packed with a variety of flavors, colors, and textures! It’s fresh, it’s creamy, it’s crunchy, it’s juicy, and tender. It is a low-carb, yet extremely filling meal on its own or the perfect party side dish. You can make your own taco seasoning using our spices, recipe here.
How to make the perfect steak salad with lime dressing:
Prep Time: 20‘
Cooking Time: 15’
Additional Time: 0’
- 1 pound flank steak
- generous knob of butter
- 1 rosemary twig
- 2-3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium red or orange bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 jalapeños
- 2 tsp homemade taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Mix of salad leaves
- 1 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
For the salad dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (from 2 to 3 limes)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Flake sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- To a small bowl, add the salad dressing ingredients and mix well with a whisk; set aside.
- Preheat a cast iron skillet on the stove to a medium-high temperature; add the seasoned steak in and cook for 4 minutes.
- Bring in the butter and olive oil as well as the garlic with rosemary twig; flip the steak and continue cooking for another 4 minutes while basting the meat with butter and drippings.
- Remove and cover the steak for 10 minutes.
- Remove the rosemary and garlic from the pan and cook the peppers, onions and jalapeños on high until the onion looks translucent; add the taco seasoning and cook for a minute more; set aside.
- Cut the steak to your liking.
- Assemble the salad by layering the salad leaves on the bottom, steak in the middle of the salad, and around it the cooked veggies, shredded cabbage, sliced avocado; drizzle the salad dressing on top and serve warm.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.