Vanilla Soft Serve with Peach Syrup
Vanilla Soft serve with poached peaches in ginger and clove syrup
with summer just around the corner we cannot help but to make sure our ice cream execution is on par and ready for the season. Making vanilla ice cream at home is so much better than store bought and it is such a sweet treat to share with others. If you have never made vanilla soft serve before, do not worry this recipe is sure to help change things. For added indulgence be sure enhance yours with flavors and fruits of your choice or try ours of poached peaches, ginger and clove that is locate below.
|Serves: 4||Prep Time: 10’||Cooking Time: 0’||Additional Time: 30’|
For the vanilla soft serve:
- 500 ml/2 cups milk
- 110 grams/1 cup sugar
- 50 ml/1.7 oz heavy cream
- 50 grams/1.7 oz powder milk
- 1/2 tsp Pure Single Fold Vanilla Extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 400 grams/approx. 1 pound dry ice
For the poached peaches:
- 6 peaches, deseeded and quartered
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 12 Whole Sri Lankan Cloves, Syzgium Aromaticum
- 1 thumb fresh ginger, cut in slices
- Crushed roasted salted pistachios
Method to make vanilla bean soft serve:
- in a sauce pan, bring together the sugar with the cloves, ginger and water and cook on medium-low for about 15-20 minutes; add the peaches in and cook for further 5 more minutes; set aside and allow to cool down;
- make the soft serve by adding all of the ingredients except for the dried ice in a blender; blend for 1 minute;
- carefully transfer the dry ice to a towel and wrap it up; smash the ice with a hammer or anything heavy into a fine powder;
- transfer the soft serve base in a bowl and with a kitchen mixer on low, gradually add 1 tsp of dried ice at a time until the soft serve thickens;
- serve the soft serve in a bowl, with the poached peaches on top and sprinkled of roasted pistachios.
***NOTES: if you can’t get your hands on dry ice, you can use an ice cream machine instead.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.