Vanilla Bean and Feta Dip
A creamy feta cheese dip using vanilla beans from islands of Tahiti
A very easy, crowd pleasing recipe that proves vanilla can be used in savory recipes too. Imagination and different ingredients can run wild with this recipe but we decided to keep it simple with some sun-dried tomatoes, chives and almonds. The key to adding vanilla to this recipe, or to any other savory recipe, is just to use enough. We do not want vanilla to be the star but to compliment the other ingredients and play harmoniously together like an orchestra in your mouth.
Prep Time: 10’
Cooking Time: 0’
Additional Time: 0’
- 150 grams/5.3 oz creamy feta cheese
- 1 tbsp high fat sour cream
- vanilla bean seeds scraped from ¼ vanilla bean from Tahiti
- 3-4 sun-dried tomatoes
- Handful of finely chopped chives
- Handful of roasted almonds, chop
- Salt, pepper and cayenne powder to taste
- Olive oil
- Finely chop the sun-dried tomatoes, chives and almonds and set aside;
- Remove the vanilla bean seeds from the vanilla pod and set aside;
- In a bowl, mix the feta cheese with the sour cream until creamy; add the rest of the ingredients and fold together, sprinkle the almonds on top and drizzle with olive oil.
Enjoy this creamy vanilla and feta dip with crusty bread, grissini, olives, raw vegetables and more.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.