Stuffed Pork Roulade with Celeriac Mash
Pork Tenderloin Stuffed with Mushrooms Morels, Porcini, and Bacon
Stuffed Pork Roulade is an easy and effortless way to cook pork tenderloin. Succulent, juicy, and packed with flavor, this recipe is great for family gatherings, special occasions, or fancy dinner parties. Countless fillings could be substituted in this recipe but we prefer our dehydrated mushroom-based concoction with bacon, crème fraîche, almonds, and bread crumbs. Chewy, succulent, and intensely flavorful, our dried mushrooms have a deep, umami earthy essence that compliments pork dishes best. To bring the dish together we recommend serving the sliced roulade atop a creamy and nutty celeriac mash.
Prep Time: 20‘
Cooking Time: 1h - 1h:30m
Additional Time: 20’
For the filling:
- 30 grams dried porcini
- 30 grams dried morels
- 30 grams almonds, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoons crème fraîche
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 12 slices of bacon
For the celeriac mash:
- 1/4 head celeriac, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 knob butter
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of ground cumin
- pinch of black pepper
- sea salt to taste
- Butterfly the pork loin and season with salt and pepper; cover and set aside.
- Soak the dried porcini mushrooms and dried morels in boiling hot water for 20 minutes; squeeze any excess liquid and set aside.
- Cook the onion in butter until softened and allow to slightly cool off.
- Remove the mushrooms from the water and squeeze the excess water out.
- To a food processor, add the mushrooms, the almonds, the cooked onion, and pulse until smooth paste forms.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, add the egg, creme fraiche, and breadcrumbs and mix well; if needed add more breadcrumbs.
- Layer the 12 slices of bacon, slightly overlapping one another.
- Add the meat on top of the layered bacon; spread the paste evenly on top of the meat and roll tight; secure the roulade with kitchen twine.
- Preheat oven to 180C/360F, fan on.
- Preheat a cast-iron skillet or a heavy-bottomed pan over medium-high heat until hot; sear the pork roulade on all sides until golden brown.
- Transfer the pork to an oven and cook for 1h - 1hour and 30 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 70°C/160°F.
- While the pork is cooking, prep the celeriac root and boil in enough water to cover it; cook until soft; discard the water, add the milk and butter and blend until a smooth puree forms; add the seasonings and serve.