Spiced Lamb Burgers
Cumin Lamb Burgers with Tzatziki
Simple, yet flavorful, these juicy lamb burgers are sure to be a hit with your family or dinner guests! Seasoned with cinnamon, freshly cracked black pepper, and coriander, they are sure to become a regular recipe in your kitchen. In lack of lamb mince, beef can be also used, as the texture is similar. However, you'll need to keep in mind that lamb mince is more flavorful than beef. Using cumin and coriander enhances the lamb, while the sweet dried apricots balance the taste with added sweetness.
Recipe for Lamb Burgers with Fresh Cracked Black Pepper and Cinnamon
Prep Time: 10‘
Cooking Time: 10’
Additional Time: 0’
- 1 pounds/450 grams lamb mince
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- handful of fresh coriander
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- thumb size ginger, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 4-6 dried apricots, roughly chopped
- burger buns, to serve
- lettuce, to serve
- sliced tomatoes, to serve
- sliced shallot, to serve
- tzatziki sauce, to serve
- Blend the onion, ginger, garlic, and fresh coriander in a food processor until a puree forms. Add the spices, apricots, lamb, and seasoning. Pulse until well combined.
- Preheat a cast-iron skillet to medium-hot heat.
- Shape the meat into 4 burgers and cook on the hot skillet for 4-5 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Serve right away in grilled burger buns with salad, onion, tomato and tzatziki sauce.