Grilled Peach Salad with Clove Infused Dressing
Spinach Salad with Grilled Peaches and Fragrant Clove Dressing
Whole cloves infused in an olive oil dressing make a stunning complimentary addition to this end of summer grilled peach salad recipe
The end of summer, in many places, and for many people, is the best part of summer itself. Kids are back to school, restaurants less crowded, and foods that you may have missed or wanted one last time are still around. For us here at Slofoodgroup, peaches are one of those fruits we look forward to every season. The sweet, moist, and juicy peach brings back childhood memories of our grandparents back yard and that one peach tree we would all flock to for a bite of sweet goodness.
In this recipe. peaches are paired with clove, feta, spinach, and pine nuts for a light feel-good salad that will help you end the summer with a smile on your face and looking forward next year and next season.
Spinach and Peach Salad with Clove Dressing
Prep Time: 5’
Cooking Time: 5’
Additional Time: 0’
For the grilled peach salad:
- 1 Peach halved and quartered
- Spinach leaves
- Feta cheese
- Avocado quartered and fanned
- Pine nuts, optional
For the dressing:
- 3-4 Whole Sri Lankan Cloves, Syzgium Aromaticum
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- Pinch dried chili shavings
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Start by making in advance the clove infused dressing; add the oil, crushed garlic, cloves, and chili shavings to a saucepan and cook on low for 5-7; remove the cloves, and the garlic and allow to cool.
- Mix the infused oil with the lemon juice, salt, and pepper and set aside.
- In the meanwhile, preheat a grill pan on high; cut the peach in squares and grill for 2-3 minutes per side or until grill marks are visible.
Add the spinach leaves to a plate with the grilled peach, avocado, and sprinkle some feta cheese. Drizzle the salad dressing on top.
Summer is almost ready to go but luckily peaches are still in season to remind us we still have few more days of warmth and lazy recipes such as this grilled peach salad. We hope you make the most of it.
Peaches and cloves are a match made in heaven and they don’t always have to be used in desserts. Go for our clove infused dressing to perfectly match the grilled peach and creamy feta cheese for a very lazy lunch. Best served with fresh sourdough bread or next to some fish.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Our Blog, Stories, Recipes, and Spices
Zafferano and its use in the famous risotto Milanese shows us that saffron is best used in moderation and unison with other high quality ingredients to create simple yet elegant dishes that are teaming with flavor.