Grapefruit Spiced Gin and Tonic with Clove and Cinnamon
Clove and Cinnamon pair well with this Grapefruit Spiced Gin and Tonic to keep you merry well into the New Year
Christmas has just passed and the stroke of midnight on the New Year is now gone. It is officially 2020 and we are still celebrating because our cloves are flavorful and our Ceylon Cinnamon pairs well with gin, so we figured we give the classic gin and tonic a remake. No need for any special tools here and if you do not have bartending experience, don't worry. While this drink is only meant for the 21-and-up crowd, almost anyone can make it. Here are the things you will need to do so:
Ingredients for grapefruit spiced gin and tonic:
- 1 thin slice grapefruit
- 4 ounces (110 grams) gin
- 4 ounces (110 grams) tonic water
- 3-4 Whole Sri Lankan Cloves, Syzgium Aromaticum
- 1 Ceylon Cinnamon Quills, Sri Lankan cinnamon Sticks
- Few juniper berries (optional)
Method for preparing this specialty gin and tonic:
- Rub the glass with the sliced grapefruit.
- Add the ice to the glass and pour in the gin and tonic.
- Garnish with curled grapefruit, cloves, and juniper berries and mix everything together with the cinnamon stick.
Enjoy this very simple recipe to spice up the holidays, once the holidays have passed, or whenever you like. We've tried it already and it was a crowd-pleaser! The tartness of the grapefruit complements the sweet, yet bitter tonic water. The cocktail is wrapped beautifully in earthy notes of cinnamon and cloves, while the gin keeps you merry.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.