Feta with Spiced Lentils, Chickpeas and Red Onion
Quick and Easy Spiced Legumes with Feta and Onions
This is an ultimate favorite pantry recipe! Made with canned cannelini beans, chickpeas, and pre-cooked lentils, it makes for a simple, quick weeknight meal, but is also a great dish when entertaining! Canned legumes don’t always need to be boring, and with this recipe, they could be considered a sort of rustic elegance. Layer depth of flavor with the spiced olive oil using our ground cinnamon and ground cloves, bring some freshness with the lemon zest and creaminess from the feta.
Vegetarian Spiced Lentils with Chickpeas and Creamy Feta
Prep Time: 10’
Cooking Time: 15’
Additional Time: ’
- 1/2 cup cooked lentils
- zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup cooked white cannellini beans
- 1/4 cup cooked chickpeas
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- Touch of smoked paprika
- Pinch of ground cardamom
- Pinch of ground Cloves
- Pinch of ground Cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the red onion, zest ½ lemon, finely chop the parsley and set aside;
- Mix the olive oil with the spices and set aside;
- Bring the cooked lentils, chickpeas, and cannelini beans to a mixing bowl with the lemon zest and onion; pour the olive oil and spice mix on top and coat everything well;
- Add to a serving platter with some finely chopped parsley and crumbled feta; season to taste; add more olive oil and lemon zest if needed.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.