Crispy Cinnamon Roasted Potatoes
Roasted New Potatoes with Saigon Cinnamon and Sea Salt
Roasting root vegetables brings out a natural sweetness that works well with a wide variety of spices. Still, when most people think of roasted potatoes, they consider little more than olive oil, salt, and pepper. Sure that can be delicious, but don't you want something a little less dull on occasion?
Use a cinnamon stick to spice things up! It may be surprising, but cinnamon and potatoes work wonderfully together. That festive spiciness lends itself beautifully to that natural sweetness we mentioned earlier. Plus, the cinnamon stick contributes additional sweetness and a mild, woody flavor with hints of citrusy notes.
We found that the perfect cinnamon to potato ratio is 1 stick for 1 pound of potatoes. You can break the cinnamon stick to intensify the flavor or leave it as it is for just a hint of cinnamon goodness.
This dish is a fantastic side to just about any protein, whether cooked on a grill, in the oven, or any other way. They are even a good stand-in for country potatoes or hashbrowns with breakfast!
Crispy Cinnamon Scented New Potatoes
Prep Time: 5‘
Cooking Time: 35’
Additional Time: 8’
- 1 pound new potatoes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tsp sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180C/356 F, fan on;
- Bring a salted pot of water to a boil;
- Clean the potatoes under clear water with a potato brush and set aside;
- Once the water starts boiling, add the potatoes in and cook for 8 minutes;
- Add the olive oil, butter and spices to a baking tray and mix well;
- Remove the potatoes from water and add them to the tray, making sure it gets well coated in spices and fat;
- Cook at 180C/356 F, fan on for 25 minutes;
- Remove the tray front he oven and gently smash the potatoes with a potato masher;
- Increase temperature to 250C/482 F and cook for 8-10 minutes more or until crispy and deep golden brown in color.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.