BBQ potato chorizo salad
Barbecued Chorizo and Potato Salad
Who doesn't love potato salad? What about an easy Spanish-flavored potato salad to bring your barbecue party together? This great potato salad is made with only a few ingredients, yet it is packed with so much flavor. Using only boiled potatoes, crunchy celery stalks, grilled chorizo, dill, and a creamy sour cream-based dressing, it makes a great barbecue side dish and a crowd-pleaser. As it is not a mayo-based salad, it can hold up very well outdoors which makes it great for BBQ parties.
This is not your average potato salad, as it is a full-on flavor explosion. The creamy sour cream sauce is so flavorful from the nutmeg, capers, and onions whilst the dill adds a kick of freshness to the meal. The juicy grilled chorizo on top just brings this gluten-free side dish together and transports you right to Spain.
Prep Time: 15‘
Cooking Time: 15’
Additional Time: 0’
Gluten Free Spanish Potato SaladIngredients:
- 2 pounds new potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 celery stalk, finely diced
- 4-6 chorizo sausage links
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon capers, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- flake sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- Add the potatoes to a pot with salted cold water and bring to a boil; simmer for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender; drain the potatoes and allow to cool down completely.
- Heat the barbecue grill or a griddle pan to medium-high; halve the chorizo sausages and grill until crisp around the edges and cooked through; slice the sausage into bite-size pieces and set aside;
- Combine sour cream, nutmeg, shallots, capers, mayo, and mustard and mix well; add the dressing over the cold potatoes and celery and fold in gently; season to taste; scatter the chorizo and dill on top to serve.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.