Ribeye Steak cooked in Truffle Butter
Creamy Black Truffle Butter with Rib Steaks
Who doesn’t love steak, right? But what about an indulging steak cooked in plenty of homemade salted truffle butter? Done in 20 minutes, this recipe makes a quick, great weeknight dinner. Just a few tips to keep in mind when making this recipe:
- Homemade truffle butter - better than store-bought, it only takes 2 minutes to make and it can be made in advance and stored in the fridge.
- Seasoning with plenty of sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper is essential.
- Cooking time - might vary from the thickness of the cut, steak used, and/or preferences for doneness. Cooking time can be anywhere from 2 minutes or 4 minutes per side. If unsure how long to cook it for, check the internal temperature of the steak (120F for rare, 134F for medium-rare, and 160F for well done).
- Resting time - very important, do not skip this step. After being done cooking, the steak needs to rest while covered for at least 5 minutes before serving. This ensures the juices are distributed evenly in the steak, giving you a juicy, mouth-watering piece of meat.
Perfectly Cooked Ribeye Steak with Black Truffle Butter
Prep Time: 5‘
Cooking Time: 5’
Additional Time: 5-10’
IngredientsFor the truffle butter:
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1/2 black truffle, finely chopped
- pinch of flake sea salt
For the steaks:
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 rib-eye steaks
- Few garlic cloves
- Few sprigs of fresh thyme
- generous pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Start by making the truffle butter. Mix the room temperature butter with the chopped truffle and flake sea salt to a homogenous paste. Set aside.
- Preheat a cast-iron skillet over high heat until smoky. Add 1 tbsp canola oil and sear the steaks for 4 minutes or until a brown crust has formed. Flip, add the truffle butter in, and cook for another 4 minutes while basting the steaks with the butter sauce.
- Remove the steaks from the pan and loosely cover for 5-7 minutes. Slice or serve as a whole, with extra truffle butter on top.