Ceylon Green Tea
Buy Ceylon green tea, a tea lovers choice when a cup of high quality green tea is all that is desired. Grown in the mountainous regions of Sri Lanka under the worlds most climate friendly and strict standards, tea leaf from Sri Lanka is some of the best tea in the world for siping and savoring and it is available in our shop.
Are there potential health benefits to drinking green tea according to research
Scientific research suggests that there may truth to the matter. Drinking or using green tea in ones diet on a regular basis not only taste good but may do more good than you think. More information on this can be found here or in this article as well
How are Green Tea Leaves Produced?
Why is tea from Sri Lanka often regarded as one of the worlds finest tea producing regions of the world? Majestic mountains, rolling hills, but more importantly some of the worlds most artisan tea production since 1880. Bright vibrant flavors and a range of potential health benefits makes enjoying a cup of green tea easier than you might think.
Green Tea leaves are produced from the unoxidized tea leaf versus that of black tea. It is is one of the least processed teas in the world and contains high levels of of antioxidants including myricetin, quercetin, and kaempferol.
Once picked, this type of tea leaves are quickly steamed, shaped and dried to prevent oxidation. This process preserves the green color of the leaf, enhances the sweet and leafy flavor and aroma while maintain minimal processing. Tea grown in Sri Lanka is also the world first and only ozone friendly tea in the world. Ceylon tea holds the worlds only distinction for its zero tolorance in ozone depleting substances used in tea production.
Brewing green tea is a slightly different process than steeping black tea.
- For optimal flavor, heat spring or filtered water to 170-180 degrees F. You can do this without a thermometer. Simply heat your water just until bubbles begin to form and lightly roll. Remove water from heat.
- Pour about eight to ten ounces of hot water into your teacup or teapot with desired amount of tea leaf (generally about 1-2 teaspoons of loose tea to every one cup liquid).
- Place the green tea in sachet or directly in the hot water. It is important to do this step after pouring the water and not to pour the water over the sachet.
- Let it steep for about three minutes.
- Let cool, remove sachet or filter and enjoy!
With all these incredible benefits in mind, it is no wonder that Ceylon green tea is one of the most popular green teas in the world. Invest in the antioxidant power of Ceylon green tea or simply enjoy for cold brews, cocktails and mocktails or the celebrated Moroccan Mint Tea. Place your order today at Slofoodgroup and enjoy our full range of green, black and white Ceylon tea leaves.