Baked Pear and Grape Camembert
Baked Camembert with Grapes, Pears, and Honey
Summer is has passed and fall is breezing by, but this dish makes a smooth transition to fall. It requires minimum effort to prepare and it makes a great late summer dinner or holiday appetizer. It is a dish the French enjoy a lot, as the sweetness of the baked fruit balances the cheese. We suggest you add just a pinch of our flaky sea salt to enhance the sweetness of the fruits, thus making this dish richer. Serve next to a glass of chilled rose or some artisanal beer.
Baked Pear and Grape Camembert with Honey and Rustic Baguette
Serves: 2 as an appetizer
Prep Time: 5‘
Cooking Time: 30’
Additional Time: 0’
- 1 pear, halved
- 1 small to medium bunch red grapes
- 2 Camembert cheeses, around 250 grams/8.8 ounces each
- 1 tsp honey
- Pinch of flake sea salt
- Pinch of freshly cracked white peppercorns
- Multigrain baguette slices
- Preheat oven at 185 C/365F, fan on;
- Add the halved pears facing down to a sheet pan with parchment paper on and cook for 15 min;
- Once 15 min have passed, add the grapes and the cheese to the oven and cook for 10 minutes more; afterwards score the cheese and bake for 5 minutes more;
- Add the cheese to a serving platter, top with baked grapes and one half of the pear; drizzle with honey to your liking; dip the bread slices into the cheese or simply eat it as a spread.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.