Whipped Feta Savory Cheesecake
Savory Cheesecake with Whipped Feta, Cream Cheese, and Nutmeg
Whipped feta is maybe one of the easiest and most delicious dips to make at home, yet strays from the expected and is quite an impressive dish for entertaining. We think it's perfect served as a snack, an appetizer, or accompaniment to a cocktail or glass of wine. In Greece, it is common to see Tyrolsalata, or whipped feta served alongside ouzo or wine.
Whipped feta can be made with a variety of ingredients to match any occasion or palate. We are featuring a classic preparation, allowing the fresh nutmeg to shine. If it’s white cheese, it needs nutmeg, and this recipe is no exception. We wanted to put a spin on it, though, so we incorporated it into mini savory cheesecakes.
Decorate to your liking and I am sure whomever is served at the table will be impressed.
Individual Savory Whipped Feta Cheesecakes with Fresh Grated Nutmeg
Prep Time: 15‘
Cooking Time: 0’
Additional Time: 8-12h
For the whipped feta:
- 200 grams/7 oz. feta cheese, room temperature
- 200 grams/7 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- Freshly cracked white peppercorns to taste
For the crust:
- 200 - 225 grams/ 7 - 8 oz. salted crackers
- ½ cup melted butter
- To a food processor, pulse the crackers to a fine crumb; add the melted butter and pulse until well combined;
- Divide the crumbs equally four 5 inch tart and press down to form the crust; bring to the fridge for 30 minutes;
- Meanwhile, crumble the feta and add to a food processor; pulse until a smooth paste is formed; add the cream cheese and pulse to combine; add the sour cream and mix until a light and airy cream cheese is formed; add the nutmeg and season with pepper to taste;
- Fill the crusts with the whipped feta mixture, decorate and bring back to the fridge overnight;