Orange Cardamom Loaf Cake
Amazing Loaf Cake with Orange and Cardamom
Explore one of the many uses of green cardamom in this easy-to-follow recipe that pairs cardamom, the queen of spice, with the citrus sweetness of orange and orange zest. The resulting flavor between these two ingredients is amazing and your home will smell amazing too. Check out the short video and recipe below to learn how to make the perfect loaf cake!
How to Make Orange Cardamom Loaf CakePrep Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Ingredients Used to Make Loaf Cake with Cardamom and OrangeTo make the orange cardamom loaf:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom (4 cardamom pods + ½ teaspoon sugar)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 5-6 tablespoons orange juice
Procedure for Making Loaf Cake with Cardamom and Orange
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch loaf pan and line it with parchment paper with extra hanging on sides and set aside.
- To a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients together with flour, baking powder, salt, and cardamom powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl beat butter and sugar on a low speed, slowly add the eggs one after another. Beat until light and pale.
- Add in the orange zest and orange juice. Now slowly add the flour mixture in batches and fold them with spatula until everything is fully incorporated. Don’t over mix the batter.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan and bake for 55-60 minutes until the toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean. Transfer the loaf cake to a wire rack to cool down.
- Meanwhile prepare the orange glaze; In a medium bowl combine powdered sugar, orange zest and orange juice. Mix the glaze until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze on the loaf cake. Allow the excess glaze to drip off and then transfer it to a serving plate.
- Once the glaze is set, slice, and serve the orange cardamom loaf cake.