Açaí Cheesecake with Hazelnut Crust
Creamy Açaí Berry Cheese Cake with Fresh Honey and Hazelnut
We’ve turned traditional cheesecake on its head with this lightened up version, swirled with beautiful açaí powder!
Açaí (pronounced “ah-sigh-ee”) is a berry native to the tropical Amazon regions of Brazil and Peru. It is packed with nutrients and anti-oxidants, and has soared in popularity in recent years. Its flavor is most similar to raspberries and pomegranates. Because the berries are highly perishable, açaí is most commonly found in powder form; we’ve added it to the cheesecake base for the most beautiful color and a boost of delicious flavor!
Serve this lovely tart garnished with fresh blueberries and blackberries, a sprinkling of lemon zest and a drizzle of honey!
Açaí Cheesecake with Hazelnut Crust Recipe
For the crust:
1/2 cup shelled hazelnuts
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons butter
For the filling:
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar, divided
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup chilled heavy cream
2 teaspoons 100% pure Brazilian açaí powder
Blueberries, blackberries, honey and lemon zest for garnish
How to make the hazelnut crust:
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter an 11” fluted tart pan with removable bottom.
- Finely chop the hazelnuts in a food processor.
- Add the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter and pulse into a fine powder.
- Press the mixture into your prepared pan and place the pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown; remove from the oven and cool completely while making the filling.
How to make the cheesecake filling:
- Beat the cream cheese, 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Change the beater to the whisk attachment and beat the heavy cream and remaining 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture back into the mixer bowl and whisk just until blended.
- Remove 1/2 cup of the mixture and place it back into your small bowl. Stir in the açaí powder.
- Pour the plain cream cheese mixture into your cooled crust and spread evenly.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of the açaí cream cheese mixture on top and smooth, using a light hand to achieve a subtle ombre effect.
- Arrange the berries on top and chill until ready to serve.
- Serve individual slices garnished with lemon zest and drizzled with honey.
Do you prefer a traditional vanilla bean cheese cake?
Try this recipe and replace açaí with vanilla extract or real vanilla beans for a classic vanilla bean cheese cake
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.