Pumpkin Chorizo Pizza
Autumn Pizza with Pumpkin Sauce and Chorizo
Pizza—who doesn't love pizza? We sure do and we are not afraid of unique ways to enjoy it. Go beyond the traditional toppings and make this fall-inspired pizza instead. Using aromatic pumpkin puree as a sauce, topped with spicy chorizo sausages, this pizza is the ultimate fall comfort food! It makes a great weeknight dinner and it can be easily customized to your liking.
For convenience reasons, we included ready-made pizza dough, but if the time allows, we recommend making it from scratch.
Serves: 1 pizza
Prep Time: 10‘
Cooking Time: 15-20’
Additional Time: 0’
Easy Homemade Pizza with Spiced Pumpkin Sauce and Zesty ChorizoIngredients:
- 1 pound/450 grams store-bought pizza dough, room temperature
- 1 cup/230 grams pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 6 ounces/170 grams spicy chorizo sausage, cut into slices
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 small red chili pepper, thinly sliced, optional
- 1/2 cup/115 grams Gouda cheese
- Preheat the oven to 430F/220 C, fan on.
- In a bowl, mix the pumpkin puree with the olive oil, nutmeg, and lemon zest; season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Add the pizza dough to a parchment-lined baking tray.
- Spread the pumpkin puree evenly over the dough.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese all over the dough, followed by sliced chorizo, thinly sliced onion, and chili if using; add the spinach and bake at 430°F/220° C, fan on for 15-20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.