Edible 24 Karat Gold Leaf Cake Pops
How to make 24 karat gold covered cake pops
Have you ever made cake pops at home? Curious to know how you can easily kick them up a notch with just one ingredient, edible gold! Here are Slofoodgroup not only do we have edible gold leaf sheets in our shop, but we are going to show you exactly how to use them to make your own cake pops really stand out from the pack. Check out the video below to see just how easy it is to cover your own cake pops in gold, silver, or our newest addition champagne gold leaf.
In this video, we made a delicious Lemon and black tea cake pops using some of our shop's Ceylon black tea leaves but you can make any cake pop recipe you choose and garnish with edible gold. Give this recipe a try and let us know what you think.
Lemon And Black Tea Cake Pops with 24 karat gold leaf sheets
Ingredients to make these lemon and black tea cake pops
1 ¾ cups cake mix
⅔ cup water
¼ cup oil
1 egg, at room temperature
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons buttercream
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1 teaspoon Ceylon black tea
24 karat Edible gold leaf, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Grease a square pan and keep it aside.
- To a bowl combine cake mix, eggs, milk, oil, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract. Mix it well for 2 minutes until the cake batter is well combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared cake pan and bake for 25 minutes until the toothpick inserted comes clean.
- Allow the cake to cool down and break the cake into 4-5 pieces and crumble it.
- Add buttercream, to the cake crumble and mix it well.
- Take a golf ball sized portion and shape them to round using your hands. Refrigerate the ball shaped cake pops for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave safe bowl melt the white chocolate along with the coconut oil. Dip the tip of the cake pop stick and insert into the round shaped pops halfway and place it in a plate and freeze again for 10 minutes.
- Powder a teaspoon of black tea using a mortar pestle and add them to the white chocolate and mix well.
- Dip the cake pops into the white chocolate and coat them completely and tap to avoid the dripping of the chocolate.
- Decorate the cake pops with edible gold leaf sheets. Once the cake pops come to room temperature and the chocolate coating is set, enjoy them!