Quick Pickled Carrots & Baked Salmon
How To Make The Easiest Carrot Pickles
Serve as a side to Baked Filets of Salmon
Weeknights are often call for quick-and-easy meals, but that doesn't mean they have to lack flavor and nutrients!
This recipe for baked salmon and carrot pickles satisfies all the criteria for a healthy, delicious, and easy weeknight dinner!
The carrots can be even be pickled ahead and kept in the fridge for up to one week.
Baked Salmon Filet with Quick Carrot Pickles
Prep Time: 15‘
Cooking Time: 15’
Additional Time: 0’
For the pickled carrots:
- 1 1/4 cups white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 star anise
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 6 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
For the baked salmon:
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- generous pinch of sea salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- chopped fresh coriander
- Add the vinegar, wine, and sugar into a large saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Mix in the coriander seeds, bay leaves, star anise, and sprig of thyme; stir well and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add in the sliced carrots, stir well and remove from heat; cover and allow to pickle for 20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 190C/375F.
- Season the salmon fillets with salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Coat a roasting tin with olive oil, add the salmon, skin-side-up and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the carrots from the marinade and transfer to a bowl; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix 2-3 tbsp of pickled juice together with 1 tbsp of olive oil and mix well.add the chopped coriander and stir.
- To serve, place the pickled carrots next to the salmon and drizzle the dressing around it.