Habanero Hot Wings
Smokey Habanero Chicken Wings with Ceylon Cinnamon
Is there any food more versatile than chicken wings? Think about it—the rubs and sauces are endless; they can be an appetizer, entree, or even a side dish; and they far surpass any seasonality restrictions that are pinned on so many other dishes. We love creating new wing recipes using a mix of common and unexpected ingredients.
When people hear, habanero, they typically think of dishes that will ensure a good amount of sweat on the brow. For these wings, though, we wanted a little bit of spiciness, but not so much so that it will fry your taste buds, so we blended habanero chile powder with a smokey sea salt, garlic powder, and a touch of Ceylon cinnamon, which creates a blend that perfectly intercepts the worlds of spicy, smokey, sweet, and salty.
How To Make A Perfectly Crispy Habanero Hot Wing
- 1 dozen bone-in chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon habanero chile powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ cup white rice flour
- Olive oil to coat
- More olive oil for baking sheet
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Mix together your dry ingredients: habanero chile powder, smoked sea salt, Ceylon cinnamon, garlic powder, onion powder, and white rice powder.
- Toss your chicken wings in olive oil.
- Toss your chicken wings in the dry ingredient blend.
- Oil a baking sheet and line your wings so none are touching.
- Bake in an oven for 20 minutes.
- Using tons, flip the wings and put back into the oven for 20 more minutes.
- Check your wings to ensure they are perfectly golden brown and slightly crispy.
We recommend serving these wings with a cilantro ranch dip or a creamy gorgonzola dip. Both can be made by mixing together equal parts sour cream and mayo, a pinch of salt and pepper, and a dash of red wine vinegar and then stirring in your chosen addition (cilantro or gorgonzola).