Vanilla Extract Calculator
Learn how much vanilla you need for making vanilla extract
Using our vanilla extract calculator makes it easy to discover and find out just how much vanilla beans you really need to make vanilla extract at home. No more weak extracts filled with one or two vanilla beans. Here you can use our free tool to find out just how much vanilla or alcohol is needed based on the amount of vanilla extract you want to make or the amount of vanilla beans you have on hand or intend to buy. It really is that simple, let us walk you through the process below. Use the calculator to make single fold, double fold and even triple fold vanilla extract from scratch.
Our goal is to make sure your vanilla extract is just as tasty as it should really be by offering great quality vanilla beans and and guidance to get you through the process without any fuss.
How to use our vanilla extract calculator step by step.
- Step one: Select the amount of vanilla extract you want to make. You can choose by the by the amount of vanilla beans you have or the amount of vanilla extract you want to make even if you do not have any vanilla beans yet. The vanilla extract calculator can be switched from amount of vanilla bean to amount of alcohol ratios or alcohol by clicking the green button at the top of the calculator. Most people make vanilla by the cup but for those of you looking to do a little more, you can select by gallons as well. We wanted to make sure everyone is included no matter how big or small we hope this tool helps.
- Step two: Pick the grade of vanilla beans you intend to use. Grade A (gourmet) vanilla requires slightly more vanilla than Grade B (extract) vanilla beans. Neither type of vanilla bean is really better than the other for making vanilla extract, they just have slightly different moisture content and require slightly different amounts of vanilla.
- Step three:Choose the strength of vanilla extract you want to make: single fold, double fold or triple fold vanilla extract. This would determine the final amount of vanilla beans you need significantly. Single fold vanilla extract refers to a single strength vanilla extract that meets the minimum threshold standard as set by the FDA for pure vanilla extract. Double fold vanilla extract refers to double strength vanilla extract that contains double the amount of vanilla per gallon than single fold. Triple fold vanilla extract is triple strength vanilla extract and contains tripe the amount of vanilla beans than single strength vanilla extract.
- Step four: press calculate to get your answer about how much vanilla or alcohol you will need.
- Step five: you are ready to get started. Check out our shop for great deals on vanilla and other spices.
Thanks for using our free tool and good luck with your vanilla extract!
*Disclaimer: this vanilla calculator is solely meant for informational purposes and not meant as legal guidance, representation or otherwise. By using this calculator, you acknowledge these limitations. No warranty is expressed or implied. We do recommend using the calculate by weight of vanilla beans function rather than by count for more accurate results. Vanilla beans do have many natural size, length and weight differences.
The count feature will specifically not be accurate for vanilla beans from Peru, Costa Rica, or vanilla from Tahiti due to the naturally larger characteristics of these vanilla beans and limitations of this tool. THE USE OR RELIANCE OF THIS CALCULATOR IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. For more information about making vanilla extract and vanilla extract formulations, please consult a legal professional and the FDA code of federal regulations 169.3 definitions . Please use this tool accordingly.
Looking for great deals on bulk Madagascar vanilla beans for making vanilla extract? Try our Red vanilla loose bourbon vanilla beans from Madagascar. These vanilla beans are perfect for home, commercial and industrial applications at a great price.