Skirt Steak with Morels and Truffle Butter
How to Make Black Truffle Butter with Skirt Steak
Butter gets the black-tie treatment with the addition of grated truffles in this steak upgrade!
Grated black truffles add so much flavor to the butter, and while we used it in this delicious steak dish, you’ll find yourself adding it to mashed potatoes, roasted root vegetables and (dare we say?) even your scrambled eggs!
We used the truffle butter two ways in this dish. First, we sautéed crushed garlic, fresh herbs, and morel mushrooms, creating the perfect accompaniment to the steak. The steak itself is simply grilled, allowed to rest, sliced, and plated . Finally, it is topped with more of the truffle butter, creating a delectable sauce as it mingles with the pan juices!
Skirt Steak with Morels and Truffle Butter Recipe
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons grated black truffles
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 1 pound skirt (or flank steak)
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 ounces dried morels, rehydrated for 30 minutes in a bowl of hot water
- A few sprigs of rosemary and thyme (plus extra for garnish, optional)
1) Make the truffle butter: beat the butter until light and fluffy. Add the grated truffles, salt, and pepper and beat again. Transfer to a piece of waxed paper and shape into a log. Wrap tightly in the paper and refrigerate until ready to use (can be frozen for longer storage).
2) Season the steak generously on both sides with salt and pepper. Grill until medium-rare, then transfer to a cutting board to rest for 10 minutes. While the steak is resting melt 2 tablespoons of the truffle butter in a cast iron skillet.Sauté the garlic, morels, and herbs for 5 minutes. Discard the garlic and herbs and set aside.
3) Slice the steak against the grain and transfer to a serving platter. Top with 2 more tablespoons of the truffle butter and serve with the morels, garnished with additional herbs if desired.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.