Mini Apple Cider Muffins
Apple Cider Muffins with Chocolate Chips
If you're eager for autumn or simply want a mouthful of autumn all year-round, try these Apple Cider Mini Muffins. Apple Cider in baked goods adds extra flavor and acidity to the leavening base, creating little bubbles in the batter for lighter and fluffier cakes. A crunchy cinnamon and sugar coating makes these the perfect autumn bite!
|Serves: 24||Prep Time: 15‘||Cooking Time: 12’||Additional Time: 0’|
Cinnamon Spiced Cider Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup apple cider, or apple juice
- ¼ cup milk
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- ¾ cup granulated sugar mixed with 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Line a mini muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside.
- To a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
- Whisk together the eggs, oil, apple cider, and milk in another bowl.
- Gradually incorporate the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix until well combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix one more time to distribute them evenly into the batter.
- Fill the mini cupcake liners to about 2/3 full of batter per cup.
- Bake at 180°C/360°F for 10-12 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
- Carefully remove the mini cupcakes from the oven and coat them with cinnamon sugar.