Cardamom Coffee Chocolate Mousse
Dark Chocolate Mousse with Coffee
Chocolate Mousse is one of the easiest desserts to make and we found the best way to enjoy it! Simply enrich this dessert by adding coffee and cardamom to it and you have a hit! Smooth and light in texture, yet bold and rich in flavor, you'll be sure to make this time and time again. This Cardamom Coffee Chocolate Mousse takes minutes to make and it pleases a crowd.
Smooth Cardamom Chocolate Mousse with Espresso
Prep Time: 45‘
Cooking Time: 0’
Additional Time: 3h’
- 6 ounces good quality dark chocolate
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp salt
- chocolate shavings
- flake sea salt
- whipped cream
- Chop the chocolate finely and add it to a double boiler (heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water); stir occasionally until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- To a bowl, whisk the yolks with 1/4 cup sugar until pale and doubled in volume; fold the egg mixture into the melted chocolate together with the instant coffee powder and crushed cardamom pods; set aside.
- To another bowl, whip up the heavy cream; save 4 tbsp for serving; add the whipped cream to the chocolate mixture and mix well; set aside.
- To another bowl, whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff peaks form; gradually incorporate the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar while continuously mixing until a glossy meringue is formed.
- Working in thirds, fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
- Divide the chocolate mousse into 4 serving glasses and refrigerate until firm, for 2-3 hours.
- Serve with whipped cream, shaved chocolate and flake sea salt on top.