- 100% pure 24 karat gold is pounded into thin sheets for culinary purposes.
- Edible gold leaf is absolutely safe to consume.
- Only genuine natural gold is used to make this edible gold.
- These gold leaf sheets are best applied with our gliders brush or tweezers, as they do not come on transfer sheets.
- Each edible gold sheet is as thin as rice paper, pounded to the European standard of 80x80 millimeters thick.
- Edible gold sheets can be used in both sweet and savory applications.
- Slofoodgroup edible gold sheets are always vegan and certified kosher.
How to use Edible Gold Sheets
Loose leaf edible gold is available in books of 5, 10 or 25 sheets, each measuring 8cm by 8cm.
Our Gold leaf is encased in a heat-sealed envelope to prevent moisture and damage. Slofoodgroup food-grade gold leaf is manufactured to the standard European size of 80 x 80 mm (3.15 x 3.15 inches). Our silver leaf is slightly larger at 3.5 x 3.5 inches.
Buy gold leaf now and enjoy its many uses and luxury appeal. Gold leaf looks remarkably striking on chocolates, cakes, sushi and other food garnishes.
Loose leaf gold sheets do not contain transfer leaf paper and are ideal as use in plating garnish or smaller accent pieces. Find your edible gold with transfer sheets here.
*To use gold sheets:
Avoid touching edible gold leaf with your hands or fingers, as it will stick. Do not breath directly on your gold leaf because it will blow away or wrinkle up. Using a paring knife, tweezers, or a razor, cut away the portion of the gold sheet that you wish to use. Pick up the piece of gold using just the tip of your knife or tool and gently touch the item you are applying the gold leaf to; it should stick, as it applies very easily to surfaces.
When buying gold leaf sheets from Slofoodgroup, you can buy gold leaf with assurance knowing you are getting a great product and a great price.
Get your gliders brush or dusting brush here!