Fresh Baked Cinnamon Rolls from Scratch
Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting
Wisps of fresh ground cinnamon wafting through the air? Moms up early baking before everyone is awake? We all know what these tell-tale signs may be for breakfast lovers....cinnamon rolls. The oh-so-delicious, gooey, creamy, and warm cinnamon treat that is sure to please. Enjoy our cinnamon rolls with this short video and recipe below for those of us who just may of forgot how good these are we will be here next time you need us.
For the dough
- 2 ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup milk, warm
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 package yeast
For the filling
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the frosting
- 4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons milk
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- To a standing mixing bowl with flour, add sugar and salt; mix it on a low speed.
- Meanwhile combine the wet ingredients; warm milk, egg, butter and yeast. Mix it with a fork and pour it to the standing mixing bowl. Increase the speed to maximum and knead the dough for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a greased bowl for proofing. Place the bowl on a warm place and allow the dough to double in size.
- While the dough is rising, prepare the filling by combining butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Mix until smooth and set aside.
- On a marble countertop dust some flour and transfer the risen dough. Spread the dough to a rectangular shape using a rolling pin.
- Spread the prepared filling generously all over the dough. Roll the dough tightly from the long end like a log.
- Using a string/thread cut the rolls into 16 equal sizes and place it on a greased baking dish. Allow the rolls to rise for another 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350F for 35 minutes until the center roll is cooking through. Allow the cinnamon rolls to cool down for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the icing by combining cream cheese, butter, milk and powdered sugar. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Drizzle the icing over the cinnamon rolls and spread.
- Serve the cinnamon rolls while it is still warm.