Apple and Ham Crustless Tartlets
Savory Crustless Tartlets with Apples, Ham, and Cheese
Apple and ham are a classic food pairing but we went one step further with the classic tartlet, omitting the pastry to create a gluten free, crustless tartlet for an easy meal that somehow feel both rustic and fancy. Low in carbs, this recipe is great for lunch next to a salad or eaten simply as a snack.
To simplify the recipe, we went for no crust but any pie crust can be used to turn it into a quiche. If pie crust is being used, then it must be blind baked beforehand to ensure that it gets cooked through. Once the crust is cooked, the custard can be added and baked as the recipe instructed.
Gluten Free Tartlets with Ham and Granny Smith Apples
Prep Time: 20‘
Cooking Time: 25’
Additional Time: 0’
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 5 ounces ham, thinly sliced then cut into thin 1 inch strips
- 2 medium sized granny smith apples, thinly sliced
- ½ cup cheddar, shredded
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven at 180 C/356 F, fan on;
- Grease four tartlets forms with olive oil and set aside;
- To a bowl, mix the eggs, heavy cream, spices, and shredded cheddar; pour the mixture to the baking forms and set aside;
- Layer the thinly cut ham and apples and gently place them on top of the custard;
- Gently move the tartlets to a baking pan and bake at 180 C/356 F, fan on for 20 minutes; then increase the temperature to 200 C/392 F and bake for 5-7 minutes more or until golden brown.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.