This product listing is for pure gold, 99.9 percent AU. Edible gold leaf is an extremely delicate and fragile product and extreme care must be taken when working with it. Pure gold is incredibly soft and must be pounded extremely thin to firmly attach to transfer backing for application purposes. As such, if care is not taken, it could crinkle, fold, blow away, or stick to unintended surfaces. However, this gold will not come loose easily like our light press transfer sheets and is firmly attached to transfer backing sheets.
- Hard press gold sheets are ideal for applying gold leaf to large surface areas such as full tiers of cakes, border accents larger pastries, or entire coverings on an array of sweet and savory dishes.
- These edible gold transfer sheets are also commonly used in furniture, woodworking, ceramics, and other hobby or professional projects.
- Each book of hard press gold sheet covers nearly 2 (1 ⅚) square feet if used appropriately.
- Each sheet is a thickness of .12 microns, or as thin as rice paper.
- These gold leaf sheets are vegan, gluten free, and have been certified kosher by a Rabbi at EarthKosher.
If you have any questions about this product, how to use it, or otherwise please simply send us an email.
To use hard press gold leaf:
Remove the edible gold sheet and cut the size needed for your project. If covering a cake, make sure your cake surface is slightly tacky. Conduct an application test in a small area before attempting to apply your edible gold to the complete surfaces area. Dry fondants will most likely need an application of food-grade glue or a brushing of simple syrup. Brush away the excess gold skewings and smooth the area by lightly brushing with gold duster brush.
Looking for a soft press edible gold transfer sheet for smaller surface areas or accents? You can find soft press transfer gold leaf sheets here!