Red Velvet Cupcakes with Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Frosting
Creamy Vanilla Bean Frosting and Chocolate Cake in Disguise make this Red Velvet Cupcake Video an Office Favorite
Does anyone ever wonder what is hidden beneath the rich vanilla cream cheese frosting and red colored cloaked cake of red velvet? Well if you did not know, it is actually cocoa or a chocolate cake of sorts. No wonder so many people love it. Chocolate and vanilla beans are two of the worlds favorite flavors and go hand and hand in many recipes. In this video we are going to show you how we make red velvet cup cakes. It is okay if you have your own secret family recipe and wish to use that but for those of you that do not, you can use ours.
Do I have to make cream cheese frosting with only Madagascar vanilla extract?
No, absolutely not. You can used any type of vanilla you like with making cream cheese frosting. Some users may wish to use only fresh vanilla beans such as our vanilla from Uganda. Other user may simply prefer to stick with vanilla extract or even vanilla paste. The choice is up to you. A great twist is actually using some Tahitian vanilla or Tahitian vanilla extract when making your frosting. The floral notes of Tahitian vanilla go great with chocolate and cream cheese. Recipe below, enjoy from us here at Slofoodgroup.
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 egg, at room temperature
½ cup vegetable oil
¾ cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon red food coloring
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon vinegar
For cream cheese frosting
8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For garnish (optional)
Edible gold flakes sparingly atop
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Line the cupcake pan with cupcake liners and keep it aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the dry ingredients together, flour, sugar, cocoa powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs, oil and buttermilk using a hand/stand mixer. Add in the red food color and vanilla extract and mix it well.
- Now combine the dry ingredients to the wet mixture. Use a whisk to well combine the cupcake batter.
- In a small bowl with baking soda add the vinegar and allow it to bubble up and then add it to the cupcake batter. Don’t over mix the batter.
- Fill the cupcake liners with 3/4th of the prepared cupcake batter.
- Bake the cupcakes for about 20 minutes until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool for 15 minutes by placing them on the wire rack.
- Meanwhile prepare the frosting; beat the butter and cream cheese together until light on high speed. Add the powder sugar on batches and well combined. Stir in the vanilla extract and beat the frosting on low speed until smooth and fluffy.
- Transfer the cream cheese frosting to a piping bag with star nozzle.
- Pipe the frosting over the cupcakes. Decorate the cupcakes with edible gold flakes and serve them.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.