Spiced Almond Biscotti with Nutmeg and Clove
How to make spice almond biscotti with nutmeg and clove
Are you ready to embark on a flavor-packed journey with almond biscotti? Get your taste buds ready because we're about to take a delightful detour into the world of nutmeg and clove-infused goodness. This recipe will have you saying "ciao" to boring cookies and "buongiorno" to a biscotti experience like no other! Recipe and video below, enjoy!
Spiced Almond Biscotti
Prep Time: 30 min
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 30 min
Yield: 25 cookies
¼ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs, at room temperature
½ teaspoon almond extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon fleur de sel, sea salt
5-6 whole cloves, crushed.
Fresh ground nutmeg, a pinch.
1 cup roasted almonds.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a wide bowl combine the butter and sugar. Mix it with a wooden spoon until the mixture looks crumbly.
- Add in the egg one after another until well combined. Add the almond extract, mix and set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk the dry ingredients together, flour, baking powder, salt, cloves, and nutmeg.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet mixture until well combined.
- Add the roasted almonds and mix with the hands to form a smooth dough. Divide the dough into two portions to form a rectangular log and place it in the prepared baking tray. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the log starts to lightly brown.
- Allow the baked log to rest for 10 minutes and start slicing it diagonally about 1 inch thick and place the slices back on the same baking tray.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees F and bake the biscotti for 30 - 40 minutes by flipping the biscotti to the other side halfway through until the biscotti turns crispy and golden.
- Once done serve the spiced almond biscotti with coffee to enjoy,