- Gourmet Vanilla Beans
- Grade B Vanilla Beans
- Vanilla Bean Powders
- Vanilla Extracts & Vanilla Pastes
- Vanilla Bean Seeds
- Vanilla Bean Sugars
- Unclassified Vanilla Beans
- All Vanilla Products
Spices & Herbs
- Bay Leaves
- Black Limes
- Chile Peppers
- Cocoa Powder Natural
- Coriander Seed
- Curry Leaf
- Ginger Powder
- Mace Blade
- Mexican Oregano
- Sea Salt
- Star Anise
- Whole Peppercorns
- All Ingredients
- Edible Gold
- Edible Silver
- Edible Platinum Flakes
- All Edible Metal
- Luster Dust Powders
- Mushrooms & Truffles
- Reading and Recipes Types
- Visit Blog
- My Account
- USD - US Dollar
- CAD - Canadian Dollar
- GBP - British Pound
- AUD - Australian Dollar
- EUR - Euro
🎉 Hey, you have free shipping in the USA!
Spices & Herbs
- Mushrooms & Truffles
DIY 24 Karat Gold Face Mask
Slofoodgroup Team April 10, 2021
Can you make your own face mask with 24K gold sheets? You bet!
The popularity of gold has expanded into the skincare industry. It is being touted for its anti-aging properties and incorporated into skincare treatments around the world. While this may seem like a relatively new fad, let’s not forget that Cleopatra was said to maintain her youthful glow by incorporating gold into her beauty regime.
So why has 24K gold recently become so popular in the beauty industry? Though there is little scientific evidence to back up claims, some research suggests that antioxidants and antibacterial properties are present in gold and that this beloved metal for the ages is very effective in reducing inflammation. Additionally, gold facials are reported to reduce free radicals, brighten skin tone, and lessen the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and dark spots.
Salons and day spas are now offering an array of gold treatments, but if you were to request a gold facial, the treatment could run you anywhere from $200 to upwards of $1000 for a 1-time treatment. At-home gold-infused skincare products can also be purchased, but even those tend to have a steep price tag and many contain very little real gold at all.
So how can you incorporate gold into your facial regime without paying solon prices? Easy; give yourself at-home 24K gold facials with rich oils and loose leaf gold sheets.
All you need is an oil-based moisturizer and gold sheets. We like to use coconut oil because it contains natural antimicrobial properties and medium-chain fatty acids, which are also said to reduce inflammation. We also add essential oils for fragrance, additional skincare benefits, and a more spa-like experience, but doing so is completely optional.
How to make a gold face mask at home:
Tools you’ll need
- Gliders application brush
- Wash cloth
- Loose Leaf Edible Gold Sheets - approximately 6 sheets
- A few drops of essential oils (we recommend lavender, rosemary, rose, or ylang-ylang), optional
- Coconut oil (or another natural oil-based moisturizer)
- Skin toner
- Vitamin E moisturizer, optional
- Wash your face with a fine exfoliating cleanser.
- Rinse your face well using hot water.
- Optional step, place a hot cloth on your face to encourage your pores to open up. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat coconut oil until it is liquified. Alternatively, you can use almond, jojoba, grapeseed, or avocado oil.
- Optional step, mix a few drops of lavender, rosemary, rose, or ylang-ylang with your warm oil.
- Slather a thick layer of coconut oil over your skin and rub it in to absorb.
- Take one looseleaf gold sheet and firmly press it, gold-side down directly on the skin. Run your finger over the parchment sheet to get the gold off of the sheet and onto the skin.
- Repeat on other larger areas of the face.
- For any smaller, uncovered areas of your face, you can use a gliders brush to lift smaller pieces of gold from the sheets and apply to cover all areas.
- Once your entire face is covered (and neck and chest, if desired), leave the mask on for 15 minutes.
- Using your fingertips and a bit more coconut oil, gently massage your skin in upward circular motions until the gold breaks down and absorbs into the skin.
- Gently wipe away any excess gold that won't fully break down.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Pat your face dry and finish with a few spritzes of toner and moisturizer.
After you try this DIY 24K gold face mask, you’ll surely want to make it part of your routine! Most skincare experts recommend anywhere from a couple of times a week to once a month. This facial is so simple and luxurious, you’ll definitely want to share; we suggest hosting a DIY mini-spa for your friends, they’ll love you for it!Share: