Baked Feta Pasta
Is The Baked Feta Pasta Really As Good As It Looks On The TikTok Video?
We tried the baked feta pasta dish that went viral and we are here to confirm it is definitely worth the hype! It's very easy to make and only requires few ingredients. The trend started in Finland and it is rumored that it has left the Finnish supermarkets with a major shortage of feta cheese. We had a look at the recipe and we made it even better by adding sugar and spice (in the form of nutmeg). The feta makes it a pretty salty dish, so by adding a bit of sugar, we are able to cut down the acidity from the tomatoes and balance the salt level. And, anytime we hear white cheese, we can't resist enriching it with a little nutmeg. Naturally this dish had to get a sprinkle of one of our favorite spices!
How to Make the Viral Baked Feta Pasta Dish
Prep Time: 5‘
Cooking Time: 30’
Additional Time: 0’
- 8 oz/200 grams dried fettuccine pasta
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes
- 8 oz/200 grams block feta cheese
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup packed chopped fresh basil, plus more for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C;
- To an oven safe dish add the cherry tomatoes, olive oil, nutmeg and sugar and mix until coated; add the block of feta cheese in the middle of the dish and bake at 180C/350F for 30 minutes;
- While the tomatoes and feta are baking, cook the pasta in a pot of salted water according to package instructions until al dente;
- Remove the baked feta and tomatoes from the oven and smash to combine with the help of a fork; add basil and mix well;
- Transfer the cooked pasta to the baking dish and toss to combine; garnish with more basil leaves and serve immediately.