Banana Pudding Trifle with Nutmeg and Vanilla
How to make banana pudding trifles with fresh nutmeg and vanilla
Get ready to satisfy your sweet cravings with our mouthwatering Banana Pudding Truffles! These bite-sized treats are a delightful blend of creamy banana pudding, freshly ground nutmeg, and the exotic flavor of Madagascar vanilla. If you're a dessert lover, this recipe is a must-try!
In this video, we'll show you step-by-step how to create these delectable truffles in your own kitchen. They make for the perfect dessert, gift, or party treat. Plus, the combination of nutmeg and Madagascar vanilla adds a unique twist that will leave your taste buds dancing.
Check out the video and recipe below!
Banana Pudding Trifles with fresh ground nutmeg and vanilla
Prep Time: 20 min
Chilling Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 20 min
1 ½ cups whole milk
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoon cornstarch
½ cup sweetened condensed milk
1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
1 vanilla bean, scrapped the seeds (we used Madagascar vanilla beans)
20-30 nilla wafers
3 bananas, sliced
- To a saucepan add milk, sugar, and cornstarch and heat them on medium heat. Whisk the mixture to avoid lumps. After 5-8 minutes the milk starts to thicken.
- Add the condensed milk and cook for 3-5 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow the custard to cool down completely.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl whip the heavy cream using a hand mixer for 5 minutes, add the vanilla bean seeds, and whip until stiff peaks.
- Take 2 tablespoons of whipped cream and transfer it to a piping bag. Set it aside to use later.
- Add the cooled custard to the remaining whipped cream and fold gently with the spatula until everything comes together. Transfer the pudding to a piping bag.
- To a serving glass, pipe a dollop of pudding and layer the nilla wafers followed by banana slices. Again layer the pudding, nilla wafers, and banana slices, and then again end with the layer of pudding.
- Pipe the reserved whipped cream on top and garnish the pudding with wafer and banana slices.
- Finally, grate the whole nutmeg on top and refrigerate for an hour and serve the banana pudding trifle chill.