Black Truffle Carpaccio and Burrata Pizza
Savory black truffle carpaccio atop a beautiful flatbread pizza with burrata and arugula...YUM
It’s no surprise that when you use the very best, most flavorful ingredients, you can spend far less time preparing a delicious meal. This pizza is a perfect example!
It starts with your standard dough and cheese, but things ramp up considerably from there. About halfway through the cooking time, the pizza is topped with some thinly sliced prosciutto. Once the flatbread comes out of the oven, it is scattered with baby arugula, torn burrata, gorgeous large-flake Greek salt, freshly cracked black pepper, and truffle carpaccio. Are you salivating yet?
The flavorful black truffles used in this recipe are sliced at their peak freshness for intense flavor and aroma that will elevate even the simplest dishes—eggs, potatoes, vegetables, pastas, and of course, pizza!
This pizza is definitely no-fuss. It's cooked in the oven, and no other tools or utensils—other than the sheet pan – are needed. In the end, you will have a guest-worthy dinner that will make everyone swoon, yet it's also easy enough for even the most hectic weeknight!
Pizza with Burrata and Truffle Carpaccio
Full list of ingredients for flatbread pizza with black truffle and burrata
- 1 pizza dough (either store bought or homemade), at room temperature
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces (about 2 cups) shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced prosciutto
- 2 – 3 cups baby arugula
- 1 large ball of fresh burrata, torn
- Greek sea salt flakes
- Black peppercorns
- Black truffle carpaccio (about 2 tablespoons)
How to make this simple, yet elegant pizza
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees; line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Stretch out the dough to whatever size/shape/thickness you like; pour about a tablespoon of the olive oil over and rub it in. Top with the shredded mozzarella.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then remove from the oven and top with the prosciutto. Bake for another 5 – 10 minutes, or till the cheese is golden brown and bubbly. Remove from the oven and scatter with the arugula, torn burrata, sea salt flakes, cracked black pepper, and truffle carpaccio basil. Drizzle with a little more of the olive oil, slice and serve immediately.