Tahitian Vanilla Bean Crème Anglaise Recipe
How to make the perfect Crème Anglaise with Tahitian vanilla beans
Ever find yourself needing a good sauce to compliment your bread pudding, chocolate souffle or other baked treats? Cameral sauce is great but for some recipes the smooth, cream, silkiness of a good vanilla crème anglaise just cannot be beat. Check out our video recipe below and try give it a try. Trust us, your taste buds will thank you.
Tahitian Vanilla Creme Anglaise what you will need:
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
1 cup whole milk
½ cup heavy cream
1 Tahitian vanilla bean (we used authentic vanilla from Tahiti for this recipe but other types of vanilla beans will work too)
Pinch of Greek flake sea salt
3 egg yolks
¼ cup white granulated sugar
DIRECTIONS to make your Tahitian vanilla crème anglaise
- In a medium saucepan combine milk, heavy cream, and scraped vanilla seeds along with the vanilla bean. Bring the cream to just hot enough on low heat.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl whisk the egg yolks along with the sugar until pale and light.
- Pour a small portion of hot cream over the egg yolk mixture and whisk it vigorously. Add this mixture back to the saucepan with the remaining cream.
- Add a pinch of Greek salt and continuously stir the cream with a wooden spoon. Cook the cream for 4-5 minutes until the cream turns a little thicker and coats the back of the wooden spoon.
- Transfer the prepared cream to a glass bowl, cover it, and set it aside to bring it to room temperature.
- Drizzle the Creme Anglaise over your favorite cakes, tarts, berries, etc., to enjoy!