Saffron Cream Popsicle with Dark Chocolate, Almond and Rose Petals
Chocolate Dipped Saffron Cream Pops
Rich and creamy ice cream bars with amazing flavor of saffron dipped in dark chocolate and coated with almonds and dried rose petals! What a better way to close out the summer than with something sweet. Saffron, an ingredient generally harvested in the late fall and dried for use in recipes year-a-round, is commonly used in savory dishes. In this twist on Persian red gold, we gentle infuse a rich cream base with our favorite saffron to offer you a treat that can be enjoy by the whole family and sure to wow your most discerning guests.
To make saffron ice cream bar:
2 cups +1 tbsp. heavy cream
14 Oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon saffron strands
To make chocolate coating:
8 Oz dark chocolate chunks
1 tbsp unsalted butter
½ cup chopped almonds
¼ cup dried rose petals
- In a large bowl add the heavy cream and condensed milk and mix it well.
- In a small microwave safe bowl add a tablespoon of heavy cream and heat it for 20 seconds and add a teaspoon of saffron to it and wait for 10 minutes until the cream turn’s bright yellow color.
- Add that yellow cream to the ice cream mixture and give a quick mix until well combined.
- Pour the ice cream mixture to the popsicles mold, cover with aluminum foil and insert the ice cream stick. Freeze for at least 6 hours to overnight.
- Meanwhile for the chocolate coating, add the chocolate chunks along with the butter to a microwave safe bowl and heat it until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Un mold the ice cream bars and dip the top of the ice cream bars to the melted chocolate and immediately roll the ice creams over the chopped almonds and dried rose petals.
- Enjoy the saffron ice cream bars immediately or store it in freezer.
Looking for more frozen treat recipes? Try these eggnog popsicles during the upcoming holiday season
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.